“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

En Route to Lima

Most air travel is uneventful.  Security checks, a snack, boarding passes, passports. What wasn't nearly as fun was the cattle class setup on Spirit. I've never had my knees touch the back of a seat at my slight 5'4" frame. I'm only thanking jeebus that it was a 2.5 hour flight and I prayed we wouldn't encounter the same on the next leg. We were disappointed to face a 3 hour delay (for lord knows what reason), but satisfied that the international flight had normal seating and enough room to breath. After Carrie was crammed between a rock and a hard place on the way to Florida, I'm sure she appreciated the extra room this time.

I fell asleep watching Hot Tub Time Machine on the iPad, but we'll blame that not on the fine storytelling, but on the two Xanax and wine we a had at the airport bar. A I write this, we should be landing in about an hour. Since we were so long delayed, Carrie emailed the hotel to notify them that we'd be late when they pick us up. Then we sat on the plane for another hour so I hope they're still waiting for us when we land.  Luckily we carried all the phone numbers and email addresses with us so we could coordinate a new pickup time.

I'll be happy to be out of an airplane but we're hopping night back on one pin Thursday for Cusco so tomorrow we'll just take it easy in Lima and get to know the neighborhood.

Ps - I'm starting to get used to typing on this iPad.

No comments: